Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Summer of Deb

I know I sound excited, but truly, it's disappointing to know the "Summer of Deb" is over. I have so enjoyed being a homemaker again, gardening, cooking, and enjoying being a lady of leisure. I'm sad that it's over.

On Friday I was offered a contract position at Medtronic in Columbia Heights. I will be part of a four person front desk team. I interviewed on Friday @ 9 a.m. As the interview came to a close, woman apparently in charge said she will contact me next Friday. They had a few more people to interview that day, as well as several more next week. I left feeling like I had a fair chance at the job.

I was truly shocked when just four hours later my recruiter called and offered me the position! Yes, I accept!

I'll be earning a little more money this time round, plus I'll be back to 40 hours, so it'll be quite a bit more money than I'm used to! I feel a little bit intimidated, because they changed the job description I was originally given. It's certainly more unusual responsibilities than I'm used to. When the recruiter first discussed the position with me, it seemed to be a typical receptionist position. By the time I was
interviewed by the team of three, it had morphed into more of a facilities/front desk security position. Crazy.

The recruiter is sending me paperwork that I should receive tomorrow morning, going over my benefits, etc. I also have to go for a drug test, and a background check is in progress. No problem on either count. (No, I'm not a felon/drug user!)

I don't have a start date scheduled yet. I'll let you know how I like it once I've worked there for a few weeks!

No comments: