Thursday, May 3, 2007

Floor Washing: Round Two!

You might be aware of my recent floor washing frenzy. It started two weeks ago. I washed the floors of my living & dining room, kitchen, bathroom and front porch. Each time I finished, I started over again, and kept going until the final water was clear. I felt satisfied that my floors were clean. And no, I won't be saying how many times it took!

Last week I thought about washing the floors again, just to maintain them, not to have to go through the 'wash, rinse, repeat' process again. I couldn't seem to drum up any enthusiasm to tackle the chore. Maybe I overdid it the first time around. Today my inspiration returned. I've now completed washing all rooms once. I'm taking a break and then I'm going to go over them all again. I think that will do it this time.
I'm washing them with Dawn dish soap.

That brings to mind something I've been meaning to share with you. In addition to orange scented Dawn Dish Soap, my favorite kitchen cleaning products are Soft Scrub with Bleach and Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner. They're both topnotch in my book. My friend LaRae recently told me about a good hardwood floor cleaner but she can't recall the brand. I'll have to track it down.

One of these days I'll have my hardwood floors refinished and my beat up kitchen floor replaced, but in the meantime, my floors are clean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see your sparkling floors! Wish mine were. Here's my thought.....are you cleaning your floor....or are you trying to clean and organize your life.
Personal experience!
Also...I've noticed when my handbag is a mess, so is my life!
Just a thought! Gotta go...Time
to clean my handbag!

Anonymous said...

Okay sounds a little OCD to me. Laura

Deb Smith said...

Yes Miss L, but you don't have 2 dogs running in and out of your house, dragging dirt in all day, every day!

Anonymous said...

You write very well.