Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sicksucks

For the past 10 days, a Kleenex has become part of my face. Anytime you've seen me, you've seen a Kleenex, as near to permanently attached to my nose as possible without using Super Glue. When someone says they have a cold or the flu, you think, yeah, that sucks. Well listen to me. It really does suck. Adding insult to injury, this flu cold thing has turned into bronchitis. Last time I had bronchitis I was 16. I remember it being rough, but it's much harder on my body now that I'm 40 years older!! I believe I've pulled muscles on both sides of my body, and my ribs have been strained. Coughing and sneezing is more painful that I've ever experienced, and that includes post-childbirth!

I worked all day last Monday - sick. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, sick - I worked until 2:00. That seemed to be my bewitching hour, every day. I went home and went to bed each day. Finally on Friday I gave up and stayed home. I knew I couldn't drag my sick self off to work, not one more day.

This tiny little powerful bug started with my best friend David; then LaRae, followed by roommate Joe, and now me. At work, there are too many struck down by it to name, but Terri, who I work most closely with, had it the week before I caught it, the same time that Joe did. Hard to say who the culprit is who shared it with me, but it could hardly be avoided.

Now, after three days at home, resting and eating homemade chicken soup, I'm not well, but I'm getting there, and I'll be back at my desk again tomorrow. I'm hoping that returning to a semblance of normalcy will help me recover.

No comments: