Friday, February 29, 2008

Pneumonia, Bronchitis, Granola... Oh My!

Unfortunately, I'm still sick, but I did finally give in and make a trip to visit Dr. Fraley. All this time I've been expecting this crud to run its course and go away, but it wouldn't, not without antibiotics. It's a double whammy of pneumonia and bronchitis. I'm on day 3 of antibiotics, finally able to sleep nearly straight through the night. I missed work Wednesday through Friday, but feel confident I will return on Monday.

I'm preparing to make another batch of granola. I've changed my recipe again. It's a trial and error process. The first recipe (posted previously) was a little too grainy with both wheat germ and flax seed. I've also dropped the ginger and added a generous 2+ teaspoons of cinnamon instead, with both brown sugar and honey. It's much more flavorful, great to snack on, sprinkled on ice cream, or in a bowl with milk as breakfast cereal.

No comments: