Sunday, December 21, 2008

Oven Clean Alert!

Only clean the oven during nice weather when you can open the windows and doors.

I am being smoked out of my house. I started the oven auto-clean cycle about 30 minutes ago. I shut the kitchen door and put a rug in front of it. Next, because it's a swinging door, not a tight fit, I put wide tape along the sides of the door to keep more smoke from seeping into the rest of the house. I also opened the back door and turned the ceiling fan on. Yuck. Bailey clearly does not like it. He is in the middle of the living room, pacing slowly in circles. Circle after circle after circle... I let him out side - out the front door, and the wind blew his ears straight back. He put his head down and it looked like a cartoon - I expected him to blow out of sight at any second. He didn't go, probably was too cold, so I let him back in. I don't blame him. I wouldn't go outside to pee on this cold windy night either.

What a mistake this whole oven cleaning thing was. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

BABY PICTURES...... PLEASE!!!

Unknown said...

While some merchandise are intended to loosen and remove grease in as small as two hours, leaving the cleansing remedy on overnight is the greatest way to deep clear an oven. Some regions of the stove might need a lot of scrubbing motion or a second treatment session.



Oven Cleaners GoldCoast
BBQ Cleaners Gold Coast

Anonymous said...

Our self clean oven did this too... whenever we tried to run the cycle is smoked and smelt the house out, to the point where the oven had to be turned off. To be honest I got it cleaned professionally and it was well worth it (i know it seems odd getting a self clean oven cleaned manually) but it was worth the money. I ended up using oven cleaning sheffield after much research.

Dez.